- - - - -

Remote Central Locking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 **BETSY**

• 31 posts
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

My Lucida has a genuine Toyota key with the Lock and Unlock buttons on the key (1995 G 4wd) I have followed Ians tutorial but have had NO luck at all with etting it working!? Is there any other way i can tell it has all the right parts to enable remote central locking?

#2 Sir Henry

• 9419 posts
  • 138 Thanks
  • LocationRotherham, South Yorkshire (civilization)

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

The C/L relay is located behind the dash. Unfortunately the exact position depends on the year.
Yesterday was a good day to die. Today has been even better. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will be like Posted Image

#3 Ian

• 575 posts
  • 0 Thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:57 AM

My Lucida has a genuine Toyota key with the Lock and Unlock buttons on the key (1995 G 4wd)
I have followed Ians tutorial but have had NO luck at all with etting it working!?

Is there any other way i can tell it has all the right parts to enable remote central locking?

Hi
Disappointed my tutorial on fitting remote locking hasn't helped - A few questions:-
Does central locking work if the key is used in the drivers door?
As you have a Toyota key, have you replaced the battery? - you must use the procedure in the additional battery change tutorial.
Have you used the tutorial to fit a replacement locking control box to replace the original?

Answer those questions and we can progress from there. :notworthy:

Edited by Ian, 11 June 2010 - 05:59 AM.

#4 **BETSY**

• 31 posts
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi
Disappointed my tutorial on fitting remote locking hasn't helped - A few questions:-
Does central locking work if the key is used in the drivers door?
As you have a Toyota key, have you replaced the battery? - you must use the procedure in the additional battery change tutorial.
Have you used the tutorial to fit a replacement locking control box to replace the original?

Answer those questions and we can progress from there. Posted Image

Hi Ian, no need to be disappointed...

C/Locking works fine on the turn of the key.
I replaced the battery with what was init, a 3v 1220 iirc?

i haven't replaced any boxs as i assumed if the original Toyota key had the buttons 'Lock' and Unlock on it the car had remote central locking?

Door control switch- this is the manual lock/unlock button on the drivers side door card?

#5 Ian

• 575 posts
  • 0 Thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hi Ian, no need to be disappointed...

C/Locking works fine on the turn of the key.
I replaced the battery with what was init, a 3v 1220 iirc?

i haven't replaced any boxs as i assumed if the original Toyota key had the buttons 'Lock' and Unlock on it the car had remote central locking?

Door control switch- this is the manual lock/unlock button on the drivers side door card?

oops sorry I missed this reply.
As the the central locking works - but not through the Toyota key, IMHO it is easiest to use a £20 eBay kit and forget the Toyota key fob buttons.
Replacing the toyta bits to get it to work will cost £100's. Duplicating the locking system (fitted alongside not removing the old) is very easy as per the tutorial. :sofa:

#6 cjpl2003

• 38 posts
  • 0 Thanks
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

oops sorry I missed this reply.
As the the central locking works - but not through the Toyota key, IMHO it is easiest to use a £20 eBay kit and forget the Toyota key fob buttons.
Replacing the toyta bits to get it to work will cost £100's. Duplicating the locking system (fitted alongside not removing the old) is very easy as per the tutorial. :dribble:

I can vouch for thatB) great tutorial Ian, these cheap remote central locking units work better than my old Zafira's C/L.
Never did thank you. Cheers

#7 hairymalteser

• 26 posts
  • 0 Thanks
  • LocationTunbridge Wells

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hello you lovely people, I hope you can help me. I have been searching for about a week to find information regarding reprogramming of remote key fobs. I found a very useful tutorial a couple of days ago and followed it with success up to the point where the ECU has confirmed access by locking and unlocking the doors. However, my key only has one button, so following the two button tutorial to register the key obviously doesn't work. As far as I can tell, it is an original key for my 1998 Lucida 2.4, but searching the interweb has brought no information as to how to register this key. Please help me if you can Thank you Mark

#8 Ian

• 575 posts
  • 0 Thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

Hello you lovely people,

I hope you can help me. I have been searching for about a week to find information regarding reprogramming of remote key fobs. I found a very useful tutorial a couple of days ago and followed it with success up to the point where the ECU has confirmed access by locking and unlocking the doors. However, my key only has one button, so following the two button tutorial to register the key obviously doesn't work. As far as I can tell, it is an original key for my 1998 Lucida 2.4, but searching the interweb has brought no information as to how to register this key.

Please help me if you can

Thank you

Mark

If you take the key apart is there a hidden button (square pad) within?

#9 hairymalteser

• 26 posts
  • 0 Thanks
  • LocationTunbridge Wells

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

If you take the key apart is there a hidden button (square pad) within?

Hi Ian,

Nice idea but no there isn't. The interior has a maroon cover which apears to be moulded into one side of the key and has the hole for the battery.

What I have noticed as a result of your question is that the key requires a 1216 3v battery and the one from Maplin (which fits perfectly) appears to be a 1220 3v. Could that be adding to the problem?

Thanks for your time

Mark