- - - - -

Estima 2000 Faulty Code

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michaelk818

• 3 posts
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

Hi, I have got my Toyota Estima 2000 3.0L scanned and it came out to be a P0171 problem. It says that there is a problem with the O2 sensor. When I drive the car, occasionally the engine light goes on. Driving the car is fine but there is a 'dinking' noise near the cam belt. I have change the air filter and cleaned it. Can you please tell me what is the problem and whether this is a common problem? Thank you Michael

#2 robdrinkwater

• 176 posts
  • 2 Thanks
  • LocationStaines, Middlesex.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hi,

I have got my Toyota Estima 2000 3.0L scanned and it came out to be a P0171 problem. It says that there is a problem with the O2 sensor. When I drive the car, occasionally the engine light goes on. Driving the car is fine but there is a 'dinking' noise near the cam belt. I have change the air filter and cleaned it. Can you please tell me what is the problem and whether this is a common problem?

Thank you
Michael

That fault code does not necessarily relate directly to the O2 sensor.

It is stating that bank 1 sensor 1 is showing too lean. It is possible that the O2 sensor is faulty, but more likely that you either have a faulty MAF sensor or more likely an inlet leak, whereby it is sucking in unmetered air and not adding the correct amount of fuel, thus the mixture is constantly lean & the fault code.

Have you removed any of the inlet tract recently, perhaps during servicing etc. If so, make sure all the little vacuum hoses are back on and there are no leaks.

Failing that you will probably need to get the car smoke tested.

Regards, Rob.

#3 E5TMA

• 6454 posts
  • 137 Thanks
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hi,

I have got my Toyota Estima 2000 3.0L scanned and it came out to be a P0171 problem. It says that there is a problem with the O2 sensor. When I drive the car, occasionally the engine light goes on. Driving the car is fine but there is a 'dinking' noise near the cam belt. I have change the air filter and cleaned it. Can you please tell me what is the problem and whether this is a common problem?

Thank you
Michael

Have a read through this...

It`s more for the 2.4 Previa (UK) but there are a couple of Estima`s on there...

Previa Engine Management Warning Light, Urgent. - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum

I`ve had it happen on mine a couple of times & find if you stop the car(when safe to do so),switch off then restart in (N) neutral the light goes off & doesn`t come on again...

Edited by E5TMA, 25 March 2009 - 04:50 PM.

etb_leven_00.gifetb_mic_00.gifetb_ian_00.gifetb_joey_00.gifetb_norum_00.gif